- The meat from 10 roasted and peeled Poblano chiles
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup crema (Mexican cream)
- 3/4 cup shredded Oaxaca or asadero cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Cut the Poblano chile into 2″ by 1/4″ strips.
- Cut the onion into 2″ by 1/4″ strips.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- In a medium hot pan, cook the onion and garlic until the onion starts to soften, about 4 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the chiles and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cream. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the cheese and stir continually until the cheese is just melted.
- Check the salt and add salt if needed.
- Serve immediately on hot tortillas.